Friday, February 10, 2017

Teacher's Corner: Sight Word Videos

I made these videos a few years ago, and even though I no longer teacher 1st grade, I am still finding a use for them with my newcomer ESL students.  
Basically I split the 50 kindergarten Dolch words and the 75 first grade words into manageable 7-10 word lists.  I made a video for each list and color coded the cards.  That way, I could send the card sets home together and let kids find which set to work with based on color.  A good amount of my students had a computer that wasn't hooked up to internet, so the color coding also helped when I made CDs based on the audio.  It also explains the annoying bell.    



If you go through my channel, you will find all of the videos.  by sending this home I've seen students go from knowing only 4 words, to knowing over 100 in about 3 months using these videos.  Hope it helps!  Happy teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment